Pages

carpe diem

Tuesday 14 December 2010

to drift away Or to find out




"-Maybe we should meet here in five years or something.
-All right, all right, five year- Five years! That's a long time!
-It's awful! That's a long time! It's like a sociological experiment!".
Piece of dialogue from a movie called Before Sunrise directed by R. Linklater. Talking about movies with inspirational dialogues check on other works of this director like Before Sunset , Waking life, My dinner with Andre (L. Malle). These were the last and best discoveries of several past weeks for me.

So What is this life Really about? Never ending and unfailing question. Recently been thinking why people say that they go Away? What From and Where To, in that case I would ask them and myself as well. There is Nowhere you can hide from Yourself. Why to be hiding anyway, right? If you observe processes in the Real life from the solitude from time to time, I'd say that is just an amazing achievement cause recently everybody (most) are constantly unhappy and impatient in all kind of daily situations and the Worst thing ever for those is to wait a Little Longer. The chosen solution is to become a constant Quitter. But if you understand what am I saying, then you know, that quitting is not a solution at all. Making excuses in many case is not for others to persuade but for Oneself. Is it better not to drift away but to go to find out? I guess it is all in our mind after-all.

"Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give."
By William A. Ward, American Anthropologist.
That is what my life is about. When I fail at something I think of it as a lesson and take all what I can from each of those situations. Well, at least I try.




by José González - Time To Send Someone Away

No comments:

Post a Comment